Delvee Family Association
The Descendants of Peter and Lucy (Town) Delva meeting together since 1886
First Name:  Last Name: 
[Advanced Search]  [Surnames]

Photos


Matches 551 to 600 of 607     » See Gallery    » Slide Show

    «Prev «1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next»

 #   Thumb   Description   Linked to 
551
SS Orotava
SS Orotava
Orotava was built by Barrow Shipbuilding Co, and was launched in 1889 for the Liverpool-Valparaiso service of Pacific Steam Navigation Co. Orotava made two voyages in that service in 1889, and was then placed under Orient Line management for service from Liverpool to Australia via Suez. She made her first sailing in that service on 6 June 1890.

Except for service as a troopship during the Boer War (1899-1903), Orotava remained in Orient Lines' Australia service until 1906. (The name "Orient-Pacific Line" which appears on this card was used between 1901 and 1906 to emphasize the close ties between Pacific Steam and Orient.) In 1906, however, Pacific Steam's Australian service was acquired by Royal Mail Steam Packet Co., which dissolved the alliance with Orient in 1909. Orotava was then placed in Royal Mail's West Indies service.

After serving as an armed merchant cruiser during World War I, Orotava was broken up in 1919. 
 
552
SS Uruguay
SS Uruguay
SS California was the World's first major ocean liner built with turbo-electric transmission.[9] When launched in 1927 she was also the largest merchant ship yet built in the USA,[10] although she was a modest size compared with the biggest European liners of her era.

In 1938 California was renamed SS Uruguay. From 1942 to 1946 she was operated through agents by the War Shipping Administration as the troopship Uruguay. She was returned to civilian service as SS Uruguay in 1948, laid up in 1954 and scrapped in 1964.  
 
553
St Barnabas Church Wellingborough
St Barnabas Church Wellingborough
The church of St. Barnabas, at the west end of Wellingborough, was erected in 1893 as a chapel of ease to the parish church. It is built of red brick with Bath stone dressings in the style of the 14th and 15th centuries and consists of chancel, nave, aisles, vestry, and south porch.  
 
554
St John the Evangelist Church, Stoke next Guilford, Surrey, England
St John the Evangelist Church, Stoke next Guilford, Surrey, England
St John the Evangelist, Stoke-next-Guildford, a 20 minute brisk walk out northwards from the centre of Guildford, makes an interesting visit for its its ambience and its monuments – a goodly number of panels from the plainest through to several with good sculptural decoration.

The Church itself is mostly Victorian, with a few earlier features, and the tower being largely of the 15th Century. It is this tower, square, rather squat, and battlemented, which forms the main feature of the exterior, the rest being the rather plain walls, windows and roofs of the broad nave and aisles. Having said which, the Victorian coating of flint and large stones and the buttressing give a unity to the Church, and its site within its large churchyard is fine.

Inside there is an exposed-beam roof, low pillars, some ancient, supporting arches separating off the aisles, and a sense of several explorable spaces rather than just one (see an example above right) – and all those monuments on the walls, our interest here. In all, the Church contains over 30 wall monuments, with several from the early 18th Century, the majority from the 19th Century, and a few into the 20th Century. Most are shaped white marble panels, or the white-marble-on-black panels popular from the 1780s through to early Victorian times, but among them are four with figure sculpture, and a couple of good portraits in high relief. Also some variety of minor carving exemplifying a range of the types of panel of this period. A good number of the panels are signed by the sculptors or stonemasons who made them, which is always interesting, and we can find works by important sculptors – John Flaxman, John Bacon Junior, and E.H. Baily, and by less familiar names including Charles Regnart and C.H. Smith, as well as simpler works by a local man, J. Smart of Guildford, by the prolific Gaffin of Regent Street, and others.  
 
555
Stephanie Dean in April 2004
Stephanie Dean in April 2004
 
 
556
Stephen Ballou - 1999
Stephen Ballou - 1999
Stephen R. Ballou at the 1999 Delvee Reunion 
 
557
Stephen P. Johnson
Stephen P. Johnson
 
 
558
Sunny and Kyle Peterson at their Wedding in 2003
Sunny and Kyle Peterson at their Wedding in 2003
 
 
559
Sunny Boardman
Sunny Boardman
 
 
560
Susan and Ricki Smith
Susan and Ricki Smith
 
 
561
Susan Warren Smith
Susan Warren Smith
 
 
562
Susan Willman in 2000; 2000 age 84
Susan Willman in 2000; 2000 age 84
 
 
563
Suzanne Gillis
Suzanne Gillis
 
 
564
Suzanne P. Johns
Suzanne P. Johns
 
 
565
Sylvia (Sault) Ballou
Sylvia (Sault) Ballou
 
 
566
Tara Lynne Larson in 1999
Tara Lynne Larson in 1999
Tara was an 8th grader in 1999. She was a pro at bowling and lived at the bowling alley. She was also a basketball player Tara was 4ft. 9in. tall in 1999. 
 
567
Technical Sargent Clifford R. Curry
Technical Sargent Clifford R. Curry
 
 
568
The Johnson Family
The Johnson Family
Daisy, Chester, Bessie, and Fred 
 
569
The Rev. Betsey Crimmins
The Rev. Betsey Crimmins
 
 
570
The Rev. Peter B. McKay
The Rev. Peter B. McKay
 
 
571
The Rev. Robert Wayne Cooke
The Rev. Robert Wayne Cooke
 
 
572
The SS <i>Paris</i>
The SS Paris
Wikipedia Article on the SS Paris  
 
573
Thelma French
Thelma French
 
 
574
Theodore and Thelma (French) Miller
Theodore and Thelma (French) Miller
 
 
575
Theodore Ellery Kingsbury
Theodore Ellery Kingsbury
 
 
576
Thomas H. Ward
Thomas H. Ward
 
 
577
Thomas L. Pratt
Thomas L. Pratt
 
 
578
Thomas Moore
Thomas Moore
 
 
579
Three Generations
Three Generations
Melva Willman Jeralds (mom)
Emma Belle Boardman Slagle (Great Grandma)
Susan Lavina Slagle Willman (Grandma) 
 
580
Togus National Asylum For Disabled Volunteer Soldiers
Togus National Asylum For Disabled Volunteer Soldiers
The National Asylum for Disabled Volunteer Soldiers was established on March 3, 1865, in the United States by Congress to provide care for volunteer soldiers who had been disabled through loss of limb, wounds, disease, or injury during service in the Union forces in the American Civil War. Initially, the Asylum, later called the Home, was planned to have three branches: in the Northeast, in the central area north of the Ohio River, and in what was then considered the Northwest, the present upper Midwest.

The Board of Managers, charged with governance of the Home, added seven more branches between 1870 and 1907 as broader eligibility requirements allowed more veterans to apply for admission. The effects of World War I, which resulted in a new veteran population of over five million men and women, brought dramatic changes to the National Home and all other governmental agencies responsible for veterans' benefits. In 1930 the Veterans Administration was established, to consolidate all veterans' programs into a single Federal agency. The several wars since then in the 20th and 21st centuries have resulted in more veterans needing services.  
 
581
Tracy L. (Smith) Scarborough
Tracy L. (Smith) Scarborough
 
 
582
Travis and Jen Hanke
Travis and Jen Hanke
 
 
583
Travis Hanke in 1993
Travis Hanke in 1993
 
 
584
Tyler Dean Larson in 1999
Tyler was in his Freshman year. He played baseball and football. He was 6ft. tall.
(At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.) 
 
585
USS Leonard Wood (APA-12)
USS Leonard Wood (APA-12)
USS Leonard Wood (APA-12) was built by Bethlehem Shipbuilding Corporation and launched 17 September 1921 at Sparrows Point, Maryland as Nutmeg State, an Emergency Fleet Corporation Design 1029 ship intended as a World War I troop transport, but redesigned upon the armistice as a passenger and cargo ship and completed as Western World for delivery to the United States Shipping Board. The ship's acceptance on 5 May 1922[2] and delivery on 9 May 1922 marked the completion of the wartime shipbuilding program of the Emergency Fleet Corporation and the Shipping Board.

After years in commercial service on Munson Steamship Line's South American service, Western World was purchased by the War Department in 1939, converted into a transport, and renamed to serve as USAT Leonard Wood until transfer to the Navy on 3 June 1941. The ship was commissioned, classified as a transport with hull number AP-25, USS Leonard Wood with a United States Coast Guard crew on 10 June 1941. During World War II, the ship was converted into an attack transport during March 1942 and reclassified APA-12 (Harris-class). The ship was decommissioned 22 March 1946 and was sold for scrap 20 January 1948.  
 
586
USS Mississippi (BB-41)
USS Mississippi (BB-41)
Link to information on the battleship Mississippi:USS Mississippi (BB-41)  
 
587
Violet M. (Dill) Anderson
Violet M. (Dill) Anderson
 
 
588
Virgil J. Duguay
Virgil J. Duguay
 
 
589
Virgil J. Duguay while in the Navy
Virgil J. Duguay while in the Navy
 
 
590
Virginia (Morse) Ward
Virginia (Morse) Ward
 
 
591
Virginia Belle Delvee
Virginia Belle Delvee
 
 
592
Walter & Shirley Sarty
Walter & Shirley Sarty
 
 
593
Walter E. Sarty
Walter E. Sarty
 
 
594
Walter Eugene Sarty
Walter Eugene Sarty
 
 
595
Warden Family
Warden Family
Ellen (Grout) Worden holding Edward Barton Worden; Baxter Worden holding Hattie May Worden; Standing: Cora Elizabeth Worden & Mabel Nancy Worden; Seated between: Mariah (Maria) Leonard Worden. 
 
596
Wayne Harvey Bowley
Wayne Harvey Bowley
 
 
597
Wayne K. North
Wayne K. North
 
 
598
Wayne McKay
Wayne McKay
 
 
599
Wedding Picture of Dusty and Shirley
Wedding Picture of Dusty and Shirley
 
 
600
Wedding Picture of Patrick E. O'Brien and Constance L. O'Brien
Wedding Picture of Patrick E. O'Brien and Constance L. O'Brien
 
 

    «Prev «1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next»